The Baby Raising a Devil Ch.4


Whimper.

Whimper.

I ate a cookie with tears and a runny nose. My mind was blank at that time. The Duke of Dubblede is a petty guy. I can eat the leftover bread. Why is he so angry about it? I looked at the Duke sitting opposite of me with a resentful look. 

Lea, who brought me the cookie, said with a guilty look, 

“She went to bed early and she couldn't eat. So..."  

“So she picked up the bread thrown away by the servants.”

“.....”

Lea's face went pale. She kept looking guilty but Lea was not at fault.

After feeling somewhat full, I reached my hand out to Lea.

“I'll go..." 

I wanted to finish the cookies. But I don’t want to see the good Lea get scolded by a bad guy!
At that time, the Duke stretched out his hand to me as well. The Duke’s hand, which was about to pass the rest of the cookies to me, stopped in the air...
The atmosphere suddenly become colder.

“........”

“........”

“........”
 is by zimmings.blogspot.com
“What's wrong with her?”

“I think she’s scared of getting scolded a little while ago.”

Lea is right. I was just awfully frightened being threatened by the Duke. His gaze alone makes me nervous. So I said,

“I’m gwoing back.” (I'm going back.)

Lea soothed me with a troubled look, and at one point, she bit her lips as if she had made up her mind. 

“Ma...master!”

“.......”

“Little miss must finish her meal, so you must go back!”

She looked like a knight attacking a group of army alone. The Duke stared at me, and I hide behind Lea's arm. Soon he nodded. 
As soon as he went away, Lea carried me as we go to my room.
Then, she left my room quickly.
Her face is pale and her lips are shaking. Lea, as a servant in his mansion, may have watched how cold-hearted he is. 
So imagine how scary is it for her to act like that.  

‘A person like her is a little rare.' 

I was thrilled. Lea took me to the room and brought me something to eat. It was a milk porridge with chestnuts in it.

I patted my stomach after emptying two bowls of milk porridge. 

“I'm sowwy that i kweep gettwing hungrwy.” (I'm sorry that I keep getting hungry.)

Lea hugged me with a tearful face.  

“Don't say that. Little miss needs to eat sleep a lot." 

She laughed as she put me to bed.

"Have a good dream, little miss." 

After eating, I woke up after being asleep peacefully. I felt bad for Lea last night, so I decided to show her my cuteness.

”Nea, like!” (Lea, I like you!)

The maids were excited when they saw me hugging her legs with my chubby arms.
Lea’s mouth corners went up.
Suddenly, a maid who looked at the door became stiff and soon all of the other maids have the same expression.
‘Gasp, that’s the bad guy!’
The Duke of Dubbled and his lieutenant were staring at me. I hurriedly hid behind Lea.

“Li...little miss...” 

Both the lieutenant and Lea called me at the same time.
But I shook my head

He’s really scary....’

I was still scared because of the events last night

The lieutenant, who was sweating in nervousness, said awkwardly. 

“Try to call her name nicely. So that the baby can come out."

“......”

The Duke was silent. He stared at me and frowned for a moment.
I shook my head inwardly. 

Uncle, that bad guy doesn't even know my name.'

I was here for ten days yet he has never called me by my name. He only called me by weird nicknames. He must have never red my biodata sent by Empress Dowager.

“Leblaine.”

the Duke called my name. 

He knows my name?’

I was so puzzled that I just blinked. The Duke had a famous story that he didn't even remember Mina’s name even though she been in the palace for more than three months. It was amazing that the Duke remembered my name. 

But it's not like he's interested in me at all.' 

The Duke spoke to me again

“What's wrong? come here.” 

Everyone’s eyes were on me. I hesitated and looked out slowly.

“Are you gwoing two hit me?”
(Are you going to hit me?)

"I won’t."

You did, you’re hitting me with your words. With words.’

When I looked at him with a look full of distrust, he took something out of his pocket. It was a lollipop.

“There's a lot of this over here.”

“......”

I lost all reasons and ran to him.

Somehow, there seemed to be a arrogant smirk hanging around his mouth. 

Yes, he would have been a surprise that a child sent by the Empress Dowager sneaked around the night. I also told him stories of the Imperial Palace and the church.

 'How many candies does he have? he’s rich, maybe there’s ten.’

He carried me as he walked in the hallway. Every time they saw us, they were shocked as they stopped doing their job. 

It was a natural reaction.
The Duke, who had already stopped walking, dropped me off in front of a door. 
There must be candies here!’

I opened the door with high expectations  and went in. 

I was shocked, I gulped when I saw candies filled in the room. I glanced at the Duke.

Can I really eat all of this?’

I ask for a permission through my eyes, the Duke said monotonously.

“Eat as much as you want.”

‘Oh my god!’

I rushed to the pile of candies. There were many candies that I could even swin in kt. 

There were things like a packaged chocolate or marshmallow. I tore off the shiny golden wrapper and ate it.

‘...It's so good.’ 

The Duke frowned after being shocked for a while. I had no time to care about such a thing. Do rich people eat this delicious thing every day? 

The sweet lumps quickly melt into my mouth, and the fruit syrup quickly engulfed my mouth.

I ate many of them quickly. 

Every time I chewed, my cheeks became chubby and shook. 

I quickly finished one and ate another candy. 

This time it was a stick candy. 

I was trying to put the candy in my mouth when I felt a someone glancing at me, so I hesitated.

I looked at the Duke.

If I ate alone, I’ll be loathsome.’

Didn't I realize when I was a beggar? Even with a single food, I could build affection when the food was shared. So I gave a candy to him. 

“I’ll gwive it two you.” (I'll give it to you.)

He glanced at me and narrowed his eyes in confusion.

“Why?”

I didn’t say anything as he slowly opened his mouth again.

“You’re strange.”

“......”

He’s a bit annoying.

‘I will hit you with a candy while pretending it was a mistake.’

 I thought about it, but I remember about my goals and calmed down. 

'I really need the help of this bad guy if I don't want to die miserably.’

I need to build up a good relationship with him. 

In my past lives, I was not experienced so the result was not good, this time I have an advantage.

I thought to myself as I jumped into his arms.

“Dyuke, twank you fow thwe candwies.” (Duke, thank you for the candies.)

The Duke was shocked but then he started to smile.

Comments

  1. Aww.. You're welcome :) i'm new to this translation thing but i'm sure the translation will be better in the future chapters! πŸ₯°

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awww so cuteee, and the duke is also logical yet lovely πŸ’–πŸ’–πŸ’–πŸ’–πŸ’– translator thank you for translating this!πŸ’œ

    ReplyDelete
  3. Omg he's she's so cute, thank you and have a nice day translator-nim.

    ReplyDelete
  4. So cute :( πŸ’žπŸ’•~
    Thanks for translating the chapter πŸ’œ☁✨

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It'll be even cuter in the future chapters πŸ₯°πŸ₯° my heart literally can't handle it while translating uwu

      Delete
  5. I really wanna see the Duke completely whipped. And her brothers! I'm really liking this story. Thank you for the update!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. He apologized, BRIBED, with candy! Do cavities exist there?!

    ReplyDelete
  7. The duke is giving her that much candy...at night!!!🀯

    Boi...good luck

    ReplyDelete
  8. Bless these translations and translator
    Thank you😍😍🌸🌸

    ReplyDelete
  9. thanks for the translation love it😍😍

    ReplyDelete
  10. oh my so cuute love it😍😍😍 thanks for the translation❤ he know how to handle children

    ReplyDelete
  11. Why js her mental state that of a child? I think she lived 3 lifes already in the same world. How can she be so childish? I dont understand. I would get it if she was "acting" dumb, but her way of thinking seems to be that of a little kid.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. When she tries to have "adult thoughts" she either get's really sleepy or really hungry.

      Delete
  12. Aaaaaaaahhhhhhh!!!!! So cuuuuuuute (faints)

    ReplyDelete
  13. So kawaiiii (*^Ο‰^*)

    Thank you for the translation! I thought i could never read this as there were no chap 1-13 in woopread :< πŸ’—πŸ’—πŸ’—

    ReplyDelete
  14. 'How many candies does he have? he’s rich, maybe there’s ten.’
    Omg, she's so darn cute!! ❤❤
    Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  15. she is act like according to her age

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

The Baby Raising a Devil Ch.1 (Edited)

The Baby Raising a Devil Ch.2

The Baby Raising a Devil Ch.3