The Baby Raising a Devil Ch.2

The woman who took me into the bathroom smiled and carefully stripped me out of the uncomfortable clothes. 

“Call me Lea, little miss.”

“Yes.”

“From now on, we will have fun playing in warm water. Are you looking forward to it?”

“Yes.”

“That’s great!”

Lea patted me on the back. Soon after the maids came in, they started to wash meIt was very comfortable because I only need to sit in the warm water.

It was a little hard for me to hold back from touching the soft foam.
 
‘I have to behave myself.’

The naughty child will be hated. I knew that the help of the servants was essential for a child who was not cared for by their parents to live.

The maid’s hands movements were very quick and skillful. So I finished bathing quickly,

‘The Duke of Dubblede is a bad guy, but he's not trash like the Duke of Vallua. 

He didn't hit me immediately like the Duke of Vallua, and he assigned maids for me. The Duke of Dubblede was quite favorable in my eyes now.

After the bath, Lea dressed me in comfortable clothes. The clothes that the Empress Dowager's maid put on me were very uncomfortable because they were fancy and big.

While Lea buttoned my clothes, other maids were talking.

Did our master really decided to adopt her?”

“Even if it's the Empress Dowager’s order, he's the type to do whatever he wanted.”

“But she's a child of fate.”

“About that...”

The maid glanced at the door and whispered. 

“There are many opinions that this is a misinterpretation. The amount of divine power inherent in the baby's body is so low”

This was the reason why Duke of Vallua treated me carelesslyThere were a lot of people who didn’t think of me as the child of fate.

“It's not something to say in front of the baby.”

Lea glared at the maids, and gave me a mug. 

“Come on, drink it.”

Her sweet voice made me a little relieved. It's hard to live if I was ignored by my servants, like in Vallua’s mansion back then.

I could taste something sweet in my mouth. Lea looked at me gently and wiped the chocolate around my mouth.

“Now shall we go to the master?”

It was a pity that I couldn’t scrape the chocolate off the bottom with a spoon, but I followed Lea.

‘I have to be a nice child. Compared to my previous life, this is heaven, and I loved it. The Duke doesn’t care about me, he didn’t raise his hand to me and he give me a cup of chocolate. It's best for me to stay here before defecting!’

But I didn’t think that the Duke will easily adopt me. He's a man rumored to be cold-blooded. And it didn't seem to me that the rumors were wrong. But I can’t just give up. I didn't want to die after being beaten again by the Duke of Vallua. It is also no good to be sacrificed and die due to starvation.’

Lea took me to the Duke’s office. When we entered, I saw the Duke talking to a man who seems to be an officer. I got out of Lea’s hands, I ran and hug the Duke’s legs. Lea was startled, but the officer noticed and tried to take me away from him.

‘But I don't want to die miserably again. I don't want to go back. I'll be an obedient child. I'm not going to do anything troublesome.So please--‘

Then he grabbed the collar on my clothes and muttered, 

“Don't distract me,"

I quickly grabbed his neck and rubbed my face on his cheek.

 “Dyuke I lwike you!” (Duke I like you!)

The Duke was frozen in his spot.

***

The Empire of Wigentra was famous for its vast land. There are many people in power, and there are three most powerful powers.

<The Nelliard church.>

<The Imperial Household.>

<5 Dukes>.  

The three formed an equilateral triangle, which keep each other in check to achieve the prosperity of the Empore. This triangle has undergone significant changes. The Duke of Dubblede, the only family that pushed out the 5 dukes, took the last place. The Dubblede’s manor boasted great feats indeed.

They own a stone floor without a single scratch and hexagonal columns with delicate patterns. Luxurious chandeliers were showing off their presence on the ceiling. Many tresures were placed in decorative cabinet on the wall. There was also a huge forest that surrounds the North tower. But the Duke of Dubblede, the owner of the enormous mansion, was not an easy man.

He wouldn’t adopt me for my cuteness. Fortunately, it wasn't a total failure. Even if he didn't want to adopt me, he still gave me a room to stay for a while’

If I had been kicked out right away, I will be in Vallua’s mansion right now. I covered my mouth with my fist and laughed.

I really liked the room the Duke of Dubblede gave me. There was no time to be bored because there were many toys and playmates, he also gave me a warm and cozy bed.

It's been ten days since I stayed in this mansion. I was also paying my rent steadily. 

“What else did the ‘hat lady’ said?”

“Orihalkwon is in di old plawtew.” (Oriharkon* is in the old plateau.) 

“Oriharkon!“

The vassals were shocked by the newsI sat on the Duke’s lap, while staring at them.

“It's amazing. How can you be so smart?”

“That's why she’s the child of fate.”

The vassals laughed. My conscience pricked me. 

In fact, I am the child of fake destiny. It wasn't like I could remember pre-regression memories at will’

It's hard for me to do ‘adult thinking’ with my current immature brain.

If I tried to do adult thinking with this body, I would either sleep for days, or I would feel extremely hungry. When I was hungry or sleepy, I lost control and acted completely like a baby.

One vassal was about to touch my head, I was so surprised and hung my hands around the Duke’s neck.  

“She’s a very shy child."

As the old vassal laughed and said that, the vassal that tried to touch me retract his hands.

“It's amazing that she’s able to stay close to you.”

“Other children will be overwhelmed by your atmosphere and cry”

“Can you tell us the story of the altar and Imperial family?”

The reason why I only talk in the Duke’s lap was because of my trauma. I was abused in my second life and I became scared of adult men

It's weird if i put it that way, because I felt comfortable with the Duke of Dubblede.’ 

Comments

  1. Thanks for the chapter. The bold sentences makes me get lost in the conversation because I get distracted and will forget who is talking with that line because it's not consistent. Like, this speaker's line will be bold, and then next time it's another speaker's line and the previous one is now normal.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for your feedback! I'll fix it soon :)

      Delete
  2. I think the name dubblede is meant to be dubbelde, it also sounds better. Either way though, really well done on the translation! Thank you for taking the time to do it! ^^

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for your suggestion! I initially followed his name spelling in the promo webtoon, now that i have read the raw i think dubbled is the right spelling 🥰

      Delete
  3. ohhhh i really love itttt(灬♥ω♥灬) thank you, thank you, thank you ❤

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think you are a child of destiny, you have lived 4 times again, you may not be the only one but you useful and have either, luck, power or someone's sympathy/protection. And the Duke is probably starting or going to like you!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Surprising at four she still use baby speech. I have a 3 y.o. niece that could talk your ears off. 🤣

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think it was because she's an orphan and have poor upbringing hence as a child her speech skills wouldn't be as developed as expected. Although it's given she has memories of her past life. It's explained it's because of her physical development of the brain.

      Delete
  6. I like her explanation of immature brain. I can accept her reasoning for not doing what adult is doing because I'm someone who will always get extremely hungry or tired whenever I'm using my brain.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

The Baby Raising a Devil Ch.1 (Edited)

The Baby Raising a Devil Ch.3