The Baby Raising a Devil Ch.3


She’s very obedient too”

More vassals soon entered the meeting room. In the meantime, I sat still on the Duke’s lap. And when they had questions about the church and the Imperial family, I answered them.

After a while, the meeting ended. The vassals left one by one, and a grandfather had remained and approached me. 

“Thank you for telling me this story.”

No, it’s okay. It benefits me in a way.’

I had a lot of resentment about the church. When the child of real destiny appeared they sacrificed me. Besides, they can't dig up the oriharcon from the plateau.

“Here's a present."

The grandfather offered me a candy. I slipped my hand out the Duke of Dubblede’s arms and pulled out the candy. The grandfather left the room with a big smile, saying, 

“Oh my, this child is very cute.” 

There's only two person left in the room, me and the Duke. He suddenly glanced at me, and took away the candy.

I was shocked and looked at the Duke and the candy several times. And soon I felt very sad. 

Candy, my candy. You son of a bitch, you're taking away a child’s candy!’

The Duke of Dubblede gruesomely peeled the candy wrapping at once. And...

“Open your mouth.”

For me? Did I misunderstand him?’

As soon as I thought so, the Duke pressed my cheek with both hands. Because of the pressure, my mouth opens up, so he put candy in my mouth.

How rude.’

Still, the candy was delicious. He pressed my cheeks again, which was full because of the candy.

“Do you want to go back to the capital city?”

“No.”

“Why?”

Why should I be back to the capital city? There are the Imperial family, the church, and the bad Duke. All of them are people who have troubled me.’ 

However, I couldn't tell him the reason, so I told him,

“Becwase I’m like thye dyuke. (Because I'm like the Duke.)”

So far, the Dubblede was the only family that had not left me with sad memories. They left me with very good memories insteae. The candies he gave me was so delicious. The blanket he gave me was warm. Lea’s lullaby was good to listen to.

The Duke of Dubblede wasn't as evil as I’ve heard. Thinking so, I saw the duke. Did he just smile? 

Then, Lea came to pick me up. 

"Little miss, master.”

Lea said while lowering her head. The Duke raised me for Lea to pick me up.

“Don't let them wander noisily.”

Yes. Such a cold-blooded man would never have smiled.‘

Back in the room, I stood in front of the table and play with the blocks.

'Okay, one more and it's the 12th floor. One more. Just one more!’

The maids, who watched me play alone, were chatting.

“Are you sure?”

“Yes.”

When Lea nodded, the maids covered their mouth with their hands. 

“Oh my god.”

“No way."

“Did the sun rise from the west? The master is worried about the baby."

Who cares about me? I was surprised and my the blocks fell.

“Gasp!”

Lea ran to me quickly.

“It's alright, little miss. You can put it back up.”

 Lea said as she gathered the fallen blocks and put them up slowly.

“Please tell us more Lea.”

“That's right. What did the master said?"

Yes, tell us. Lea opened her mouth while building the blocks for me.

"It's dangerous at night, so take a good care of the baby."

Why did she think like that?’

I was amazed and impressed by her positive thinking. 

“Then wouldn’t he adopt the baby?"

“I hope so, and she’ll be happy to have brothers." 

Ah, three children of Dubblede. They were famous since I was young. They all showed off their good looks, martial arts skills, intellect, and cool personality. I've never seen them before, but I've heard enough of their reputation. They were also known for another thing, ‘Mina's brothers.’

They were as cold and indifferent to others like the Duke, but they were as sweet as honey to Mina. 

It was a famous story that when Mina was kidnapped by another Empire, they rushed and crush that place. The eldest son was also famous for being entangled in the Crown Prince and Mina’s love story.

“But would it be a bad thing for the baby to be adopted?”

“What?”

“You know.The master is a man who has even stabbed his late predecessor, and it's emotionally good for her to be adopted by another Duke—"


"Linda!" 

Lea shouted and glared at the maid, sent the other employees away with a nod. Then she held my hand gently and said,

"He’s not that bad."

“......”

“It's a big misunderstanding, he’s really nice!"

“.....”

“The master is not that cold-blooded, like what the people say. He loved and cared for his late wife. When the Duchess was in labour, he rushed back here but it was too late.”

Lea’s eyes was full of grief. The Duchess was pregnant with her fourth child? I didn't hear that before in my past lives. I suddenly felt sorry for the Duke.

Then I understand the how the Duke is like this. How can he live properly after losing two people he love at the same time?’

“I hope you are not afraid of him. “

“Yes.”

Lea, who held me carefully, stroked my back gently.

“You're really nice. "

She said to me as I closed my eyes slowly, leaning my head against Lea’s shoulder.

It wasn't until the middle of the night that I put my head in the pillow and struggled to contain my hunger.

I'm hungry!’

I rolled my head a lot to remember what had happened before, turns out I didn't eat my dinner. Lea and the maids seemed to have put me to sleep without waking me up. 

I thought I'd wait until the morning, but I couldn't bear my hunger. 

'All I had in the afternoon was candy and a glass of juice.’ 

The only things that occupied my mind right now was hunger.
In my second life, I remembered being trapped in a room every few days and then was left in hunger. In my third life, I remember dying because of starvation.

‘I have to find any food and eat it.'

In the end, I lost control, and I got out of bed. I struggled and pushed the huge door as I went out into the hallway. I endured my fear of the darkness and came to the kitchen, but the door was locked. 

'Oh my god.'

I roamed the mansion again. I walked for a long time before I could find a bread in a room. It was cut in half as if someone had eaten them before, but I was satisfied with this. Holding the bread in my arms, I ran out to the hall excitedly. 

'I need to return to the room and eat-'

 "Gasp!" 

I hurriedly hid the bread behind my back. The Duke of Dubblede was looking down at me with cold eyes. I was so scared that my hands and feet were shaking. At that moment, I remembered the something Mina had said in my past life.

So Jean is guilty of stealing bread, uh, what was it— Jean Valjean. Yeah, I think it was his name. How did Jean Valjean punished for stealing the bread?— yes, he was executed!”

As Mina's bright voice came to mind, I became pale.

“What are you doing here? Did Empress Dowager sent you to spy on my family?”

I gulped. The Duke of Dubblede was not someone I could deal with. Unable to answer due to fear, the Duke of Dubblede murmured. 

“Child of fate.”

“Yes...!" 

“I hate people who lied, also the naive ones, especially those who pretended to be on my side. All of them are executed.”

I shuddered at the thought. The duke bent his knees slightly.

“What should I do with this little mouse?"

I fell down because of my nervousness.

“Wo,wo,wro,...wong!” (Wro,wro,wro..wrong!)

"What?" 

“I styole it..." (I stole it...)

“Is it money? Is it a holy thing?

"......" 

“Military secrets?" 

"..............." 

The Duke’s eyes were really scary so I let out the words with a whimper.

"Byead...” (Bread...)

Comments

  1. 😂😂😂 poor her, can't wait until she meet those brothers 🤣🤣🤣

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you so much for the translation!! I'm loving the story!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I want to see the Duke's reaction so quick to the bread, thank goodness it has already been updated and such, yay! It is a!ready out so I can see it without waiting, yeeayeah.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is super cute!!...I love this❤

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for the chapter!! She's so cute. and I do understand as someone with a physical condition, being hungry is the worst :( so go get that bread!!!

    Btw, I don't know if it is just the format on my phone but the letters are too big for me. Is there a way to size down the font? Hehe still I appreciate this so much.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Was that a Les Misérables reference ??

    ReplyDelete
  7. child without food and a place to stay very bad

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

The Baby Raising a Devil Ch.1 (Edited)

The Baby Raising a Devil Ch.2